The Video Encyclopedia of Chess Openings Vol#4 – The Open Catalan – IM Robert Ris
The Open Catalan begins with the moves 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nf3 d5 4.g3 dxc4 5.Bg2. (See the diagram).
The Catalan Opening is one of those openings you really should have in your locker.
The Catalan takes the best bits of the Queen’s Gambit and Reti Opening to give you easy development, a sound position, and rich, creative play. It was used extensively by Vladimir Kramnik during his World Chess Championship matches.
Now IM Robert Ris has put together a new 3 hour course that teaches you how to get great positions with the Open Catalan.
- Lesson 1 – Open Catalan with 7.dxc5
- Lesson 2 – Open Catalan with 5…Bd7, 9…0-0-0
- Lesson 3 – Open Catalan with 7.Na3 and 7.Ne5
- Lesson 4 – Open Catalan with 7.Qa4
- Lesson 5 – Open Catalan 5…Bd7, Move 6 Alternatives
- Lesson 6 – Open Catalan with 5…Bd7, 9…Rd8