The London System - IM Eric Rosen - 80/20 Tactics Multiplier
Volume 4Product Code: DVD-TACTICS-4
80/20 Tactics Multiplier #04
Typical Tactic Ideas in The London System – IM Eric Rosen
If you want to really know an opening, you should be familiar with its typical positional ideas and remember the most important theoretical lines. But this is not enough.If you want to know an opening, you should be familiar with its typical positional ideas and remember the most important theoretical lines. But this is not enough.
Each opening has its own unique tactical patterns. Patterns you need to know to succeed.
IM Eric Rosen’s course on the essential tactics in the London System gives you a complete understanding of the typical patterns for both sides.
Even if you only play against the London System, knowledge of these resources will prove invaluable.
The London System is a flexible opening which White can use virtually against any of Black’s setups. This makes it the perfect choice for players who prefer to understand key strategic and tactical ideas instead of having to memorize an endless number of theoretical variations.
The aim of this DVD is to give you a high-level understanding of the typical themes of the London System, and really cement this knowledge in your long-term memory with the included practical tests.
Part 1: Lessons in the London System
- London System: Magnus style! (Carlsen – Bosiocic)
- Grischuk crushes the King’s Indian (Grischuk – Khusnutdinov)
- Organizing your attack (Rosen – NN)
- Nakamura beats the London in 11 moves (Bareev – Nakamura)
- Studying new variations with an engine (Stockfish – Rosen)
- The best line against the London (Juan Carlos Gonzalez Zamora – Viktor Laznicka)
- Countering the “best line”
- Setting up a devastating attack (Rosen – Do)
- Playing the London in bullet (Rosen – NN)
Part 2: Tactics Explained
- Didn't see that coming...
- Most famous London tactic
- Crazy novelty
- Simple and venomous Nc3
- Positional and tactical chess combined
- Activity over material
- Identifying targets
- Knockout punch
- Kingside destruction
- Capitalizing on the awkward queen
- Punishing greed
- Common trap
- Double attack (piece targets)
- Double attack (pawn targets)
- Attacking the uncastled king
- Leveraging the open h-file
- Most common London trap
- Punishing black’s weaknesses
- Restricting the opponent
- Pin and win
- Poison pawn
- Rubinstein plays the London!
- Simple oversight
- Sacrificing to rip open the castled king
- Forcing moves
- Tactics for positional purposes
- Taking down the King’s Indian setup
- White blunders on move 4
- Cruel and unusual tactic
- Concrete calculation
- Unusually strong positional idea
- Capitalizing on an awkward setup
- Aronian’s awesome attack
- Super GM destroys a master with creative play
- Positional bind leads to tactical massacre
- Beating an IM in 9 moves with epic queen sac
- Look for the counterattack!
- Black should have castled sooner
- Unstoppable threat
- Double piece sac to mate
- Don’t mess with Naroditsky
- Overwhelming attack
- Unexpected intermezzo
- GM crushes 2100 in a positional masterpiece
- The power of alignment
- Super GM Gelfand falls into deep prep
- Aronian’s creative miniature win over Nepomniachti
- Grandmaster makes quick work of amateur
- Breaking through a locked position
- Grandmaster brutally attacks 1800
Returns & Exchanges
Computer Software and DVDs that come on Physical Media (such as CD-ROMs and DVD-ROMS) can only be returned or exchanged if the product is in its original, shrinkwrapped packaging and has not been installed or used in any way. Once you open the packaging of a Computer Software or DVD title, it can only be exchanged for a new copy of the same title and only if the original media is defective. There are NO exceptions to this rule.
Requires DVD Player
A DVD player is a device that plays discs produced under both the DVD-Video and DVD-Audio technical standards, two different and incompatible standards. Some DVD players will also play audio CDs. DVD players are connected to a television to watch the DVD content, which could be a movie, a recorded TV show, or other content.
Media Mail Eligible
Media Mail® shipping from the US Postal Service is the cost-effective way to ship Books, Software and DVDs. With shipping rates starting at only $5.00, it's the most affordable shipping method available.
Write Your Own Review
|Host||IM Eric Rosen|
|Popular Collections||80/20 Tactics Multiplier|
|Publication Date||Aug 3, 2018|
|Hardware Requirements||Standard DVD Player|
|Region Lock||None - Playable Anywhere|