To pamper you, The House of Staunton is proud to offer the 1885 Lasker Series Chess set from the Camaratta Collection. This full-tournament sized Chess set features a 4.0" King with a 1.85" diameter base. The Chess pieces are hand carved by our master artisans and crafted out of the highest grade woods. The Chess pieces are heavily weighted with luxurious billiard cloth base pads on the Chess pieces and a beautiful finish.
As with all of our Chessmen, the 1885 Lasker Series Luxury Chess set exemplifies a perfect combination of distinct beauty and functionality. It has been designed to withstand the rigors of practical play while maintaining an elegance which has become the hallmark of a House of Staunton chess set. The design, quality and craftsmanship of this set is UNMATCHED by any set of Chessmen in its price range. Nothing even comes close!
The Chessmen are new and each set consists of 34 Chessmen, including four Queens, a standard that was introduced by The House of Staunton in 1993.
We're proud to offer our new Layaway program!
- With Layaway, purchasing from us has never been easier or more affordable. It allows you to purchase selected House of Staunton products by making payments over time.
- Simply choose the items that you wish to purchase and how many months you wish to make the payments over.We'll automatically charge your debit/credit card each month. Once you've paid for the item/s in full, they'll be sent to you. It's that simple!
Write Your Own Review
Included with Purchase
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Engraved Registered Plaque
- Individual Production Number
|Chess Board Included?||The Chess Board featured is for photographic purposes only and must be purchased separately|
|Material(s)||Genuine Ebony, Natural Boxwood|
|Manufacturer||The House of Staunton|
|Fitted Coffer Compatible?||Fits in Fitted Coffer|
|King Height||4.0'' inch / 10.16 cm|
|King Base Diameter||1.85'' inch / 4.70 cm|
|Recommended Chess Board Size||2.375" inch / 6.0 cm|
|Basepad Material||Billiard Cloth|
|Median Set Weight||55.5 Ounces|
|Total Number of Pieces||34 Chess Pieces, including 2 Additional Queens (for Pawn Promotion)|