Mastering the Classics - EMPIRE CHESSProduct Code: DVD0096EP
Kasparov, Kramnik and Carlsen have all stated that studying the classics was an important element in their chess education. Bobby Fischer knew the games of Staunton, Morphy and Steinitz inside out.
The great games of the past are an absolute goldmine of valuable chess lessons. Whilst opening trends come and go, many ideas remain true and can be used in our games today.
GM Damian Lemos had this in mind when he decided to record a DVD on “Mastering the Classics”.
This collection features games from the World Champions Jose Raul Capablanca, Alexander Alekhine and Tigran Petrosian, 3 phenomenal talents with different styles to give you a broad range of material.
In this Course, you will learn:• How to make the most precise moves in the opening
• How to make a lead in development count
• How to dictate the course of action
• How to give your opponent more problems than (s)he can handle
• How to increase the likelihood of your attack’s success
• When to sacrifice to destroy the King’s safety
• How to create powerful passed pawns
• How to get a positional advantage with pawn play in the center
• How to manoeuvre in a closed position
• Many original and crushing tactics
• …and much more.
With Grandmaster Lemos’ analysis, you will understand key concepts more clearly than ever before as well as learning new tactical and strategic patterns and killer techniques.
• Exclusive Grandmaster/Master Video by a brilliant presenter. We preselect only the most compelling and interesting Grandmasters and Masters to make DVDs for us.
Advanced Chess Course Edition! – Highlights
• Highest quality audio and video available with Grandmaster Webcam. No more wasted time listening to low quality videos where it’s hard to hear the audio and video.
• In depth text chapter summaries in PDF format of each DVD’s content to easily reference if you need a quick refresher on a specific topic.
• 20 relevant and challenging practice problems per disc with solutions so you can test your learning and knowledge.
• PGNs included for every game so you can plug the games into your favorite chess engine.
• Brought to you by iChess.net – The World Leaders in DVD education.
- Capablanca – Spielmann, 1927
- Capablanca – Bernstein, 1914
- Rubinstein – Alekhine, 1926
- Tolush – Petrosian, 1957
Returns & Exchanges
Computer Software and DVDs that come on Physical Media (such as CD-ROMs and DVD-ROMS) can only be returned or exchanged if the product is in its original, shrinkwrapped packaging and has not been installed or used in any way. Once you open the packaging of a Computer Software or DVD title, it can only be exchanged for a new copy of the same title and only if the original media is defective. There are NO exceptions to this rule.
Requires DVD Player
A DVD player is a device that plays discs produced under both the DVD-Video and DVD-Audio technical standards, two different and incompatible standards. Some DVD players will also play audio CDs. DVD players are connected to a television to watch the DVD content, which could be a movie, a recorded TV show, or other content.
Media Mail Eligible
Media Mail® shipping from the US Postal Service is the cost-effective way to ship Books, Software and DVDs. With shipping rates starting at only $5.00, it's the most affordable shipping method available.
Write Your Own Review
|Host||GM Damien Lemos|
|Popular Collections||Empire Chess|
|Publication Date||Nov 13, 2015|
|Region Lock||None - Playable Anywhere|
|Hardware Requirements||Standard DVD Player|