Description / Komodo Dragon 2 and CHESSBASE MEGA 16 Bundle
KOMODO DRAGON 2
NEURAL NETWORK CHESS EVALUATION
"Dragon 2" - A new concept
Komodo programmers GM Larry Kaufman and Mark Lefler recently decided to start over from scratch after Komodo 14. The step from the classic engine to the new "Dragon", which, like Fat Fritz 2.0, draws its strength from a combination of a high-performance engine with a neural network, is quite fundamental. The network of Komodo Dragon 2 was trained with the help of countless ultra-fast games of the classic Komodo 14, which for a long time was the world's strongest engine for games with such short thinking times.
Neural game understanding + powerful engine power
Komodo Dragon 2 thus has both excellent positional play - thanks to the neural network - and tremendous tactical power and computing speed, thanks to the classic Alpha Beta engine. It is a combination that pays off: compared to the double world champion Komodo 14, the developers were thus able to increase the playing strength of Komodo Dragon 2 once again by more than 200 ELO points! The first version of the "Dragon" is currently already one of the top three in the CCRL rating list (as of April 2021). However, the search function was still largely based on the settings of the old Komodo 14 engine. This has changed with "Dragon 2": in the new version, the search has been optimised based on evaluations stored in the neural network. It will be interesting to see whether Dragon can even outperform the competition as a result!
Top program and analysis partner
Komodo Dragon 2 comes with a number of engine variants. The standard version offers maximum playing strength. For analysis with multiple variations, on the other hand, the "MCTS" version is recommended. In addition, this version offers an exciting feature: you can have the move that offers the best chances from a practical point of view displayed in the analysis. The standard version, on the other hand, always expects the best possible play from the opponent, and that is therefore clearly the first choice, especially in correspondence chess. In addition, the engine can be switched to the variants "Attack", "Beginner", "Defence", "Endgame" in analysis and in the game.
- Current Fritz 17 program interface
- Six months ChessBase Premium Account
Chessbase 16 Mega
Chessbase is a personal, stand-alone chess database that has become the standard throughout the world. Everyone uses ChessBase, from the World Champion to the amateur next door. It is the program of choice for anyone who loves the game and wants to know more about it. Start your personal success story with ChessBase and enjoy your chess even more.
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH CHESSBASE:
Retrieve games according to openings, players and tournaments; generate tournament cross tables and full graphic statistics of players or openings; “Similarity search” shows all games with similar pawn structures, sacrifice patterns, endgame positions, etc.; “Let’s check”*: access the world’s largest database of in-depth analysis (more than 200 million positions); Cloud analysis: analysis of a single position with several engines from different computers running in parallel; “Deep analysis”: generates an analysis tree that changes dynamically, as with time weaker variations are dropped; one click annotates your game with the “Theoretical Novelty”; merge games on the fly into an opening tree; generate a player’s dossier containing all available information from the database; generate a comprehensive openings report with main and critical lines, plans and most important games; single click publication of games on the Internet; print games in superb quality with diagrams and multiple columns; automatic update of your local reference database with the weekly installments of games (one year); access to the ChessBase online database with over eight million games*; mobile access with the new ChessBase Account*.
New in Chess Base 16:
- Repertoire recommendations for every move with a single click. With a choice of focus: Main Variations, Fashion, Side Lines, Attacking, Gambits, Endgame
- Better overview when playing through deeply analysed games thanks to dynamic folding of the notation
- Urgent news about recently played innovations with direct access to the database
- Preparation for opponents with recognition of their weaknesses taking into account your own repertoire
- Innovations and trends as annotations in Tactical Analysis
- Update service for MegaDatabase with a single click
- After an update to Megadatabase, overview of important recent innovations and theoretical trends.
- Search for characteristic tactical positions in an opening variation
- Slimmed down search booster: required hard disk space halved
Minimum: Pentium-PC, 1 GB RAM, Windows 7, DirectX9 graphics card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9 and Internet access to activate the program, ChessBase Cloud and updates. Recommended: PC Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 10, DirectX10 graphics card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or more, Windows Media Player, , Adobe Flash Player (Live coverage), DVD ROM drive, Full HD Monitor and Internet access to activate the program, ChessBase Cloud and updates.
Mega Database 2021
The ChessBase Mega Database 2021 is the premiere chess database with over eight million games from 1560 to 2020 in high quality. Packing more than 85,000 annotated games, Mega 2021 contains the world‘s largest collection of high-class analysed games. Train like a pro! Prepare for your opponents with ChessBase and the Mega Database 2021. Let grandmasters explain how to best handle your favorite variations, improve your repertoire and much more.
- Includes Mega Update Service 2021: update your Mega with your ChessBase 15/16 program every week with over 5,000 new games. That’s about 250,000 new games by the end of 2021!
- New, easier to use design!
- Direct access to the games of all the World Championships, among the over 450 years of chess knowledge.
- Player lexicon for download with over 586,000 player names and more than 40,000 player photos (only with ChessBase 14, 15 or 16)
System requirements: Pentium PC, 2 GB RAM, Windows 10 or 8.1, DVD-ROM drive, ChessBase 16, 15 or 14, Internet access (downloads).
CB 16 – Mega Package
- ChessBase 16 Programm
- Mega Database 2021
- Database-Update-Service through end of 2021
- Access to the Live-Database (8 million games)*
- ChessBase Magazine subscription for a full year (6 issues)
- Full year Premium membership for playchess and for the ChessBase Accounts
- 250 ChessBase Ducats
|System Requirements||Pentium III 1 GHz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3), 7/8, DirectX9, 256 MB graphics card, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9 and Internet access for program activation, access to Playchess.com, Let’s Check and program updates.|
|Popular Collections||ChessBase 16|
|No. of Computer Installs||Up to 3 Computers|
|Windows 10 Compatible||Yes|
Pentium III 1 GHz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3), 7/8, DirectX9, 256 MB graphics card, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9 and Internet access for program activation, access to Playchess.com, Let’s Check and program updates.
Media Mail Eligible
Media Mail® shipping from the US Postal Service is the cost-effective way to ship Books, Software and DVDs. With shipping rates starting at only $5.00, it's the most affordable shipping method available.