For your purchasing consideration....
Play like a champion with the Championship Chess Set. An exact reproduction of the European Pattern Chessmen, it has been used at every major chess Chapionship match for the past ten years. The list of tournaments that have used these Chessmen include The US Chess Championship, FIDE Olympiads, Linares, Dortmund, Wijk Aan Zee and many more. A full tournament-sized Chess set, it features a 3.75" King with a 1.5" diameter base.The Chess pieces are hand carved by our master artisans and crafted out of the highest grade woods. The Chess pieces are heavily weighted with luxurious billiard cloth base pads and a beautiful finish. As with all of our Chess sets, the Championship Series Chessmen exemplifies a perfect combination of distinct beauty and functionality. It has been designed to withstand the rigors of practical play while maintaining an elegance which has become the hallmark of a House of Staunton chess set. The design, quality and craftsmanship of this set is UNMATCHED by any set of Chessmen in its price range. Nothing even comes close!
What is an imperfect set
Imperfect consists of items that are deemed below the House of Staunton's already high quality standards. Because these products do not meet or exceed our inspection standards, we are able to pass enormous savings to you!
The sets in this listing were all missing various pieces and have been rebuilt from spare parts. As such, a variety of issues may have been discovered during the inspection, as detailed below:
- The Natural Boxwood Queen has dents on the collar (As seen in photographs).
- The Natural Boxwood King has a dent on the base (As seen in photographs).
- The Natural Boxwood Bishop has a tool mark on the midsection (As seen in photographs).
- The Natural Boxwood Knight has a crack on the face (As seen in photographs).
- The Natural Boxwood Rook has a mark on the base (As seen in photographs).
- The Natural Boxwood Rook has a crack on the base (As seen in photographs).
- The Natural Boxwood Pawn has a chip on the base (As seen in photographs).
- The Rosewood Gilded Knight has a dent on the side (As seen in photographs).
- The Rosewood Gilded Rook has a chip near the top (As seen in photographs).
- Some of the pieces could have very minor chips and/or dings/dents or minor imperfections (cosmetic blemishes) in the wood.
What is the value of this item?
If this item were in perfect condition, it would retail for $119.00.
THIS ITEM IS AVAILABLE ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS... ONCE IT HAS BEEN SOLD, IT WILL BE GONE FOREVER SO ACT FAST!
**NOTE** Because this an imperfect item, all sales are final. No refunds, returns or exchanges are allowed****