If you have ever played in a game where you had the better position but just couldn’t make progress then this Course on positional chess is for you!
To win games against strong players you need an extra set of skills to the usual attacking ideas. There are many careful players who will close the position or passively defend until you try something too optimistic, giving away material or making a concession which eventually allows them to win. Incredibly frustrating!
To beat these guys you need to master the art of positional chess and that is exactly what GM Damian Lemos helps you achieve in “Positional Mastery”. By studying the textbook examples in this Course you will learn how to constantly ask questions of your opponent, forcing them to solve subtle problems until they make a mistake and you win.
“Positional Mastery” will teach you:• how to interfere with your opponent’s development
• how to provoke pawn moves that give you strong outposts or open lines
• how to play strong waiting moves and not wasted moves
• to establish pawn formations that win
• to maneuver purposefully in closed positions
• to improve your pieces with every move
• what to do when your opponent seems to have everything covered
GM Lemos’ clear commentary on the 4 highly instructive games will enable you to crush even the most cautious players you face and reveal a radically more complete comprehension of chess as it is played at the highest level.
Advance Chess Course Edition! – Highlights• Exclusive Grandmaster/Master Video by a brilliant presenter. We preselect only the most compelling and interesting Grandmasters and Masters to make DVDs for us.
• Highest quality audio and video available with Grandmaster Webcam. No more wasted time listening to low quality videos where it’s hard to hear the audio and video.
• In depth text chapter summaries in PDF format of each DVD’s content to easily reference if you need a quick refresher on a specific topic.
• 20 relevant and challenging practice problems per disc with solutions so you can test your learning and knowledge.
• PGNs included for every game so you can plug the games into your favorite chess engine.
• Brought to you by iChess.net – The World Leaders in DVD education.
- Rozentalis – Tyomkin, 1997
- Balashov – Nadezhdin, 1997
- Nielsen – Pedersen, 2000
- Hoefker – Bischoff, 1997