If you like fighting for a win with Black then the Kings Indian Defense is the ideal opening weapon to face 1.d4 with. Despite an initial lack of space, Black has a multitude of pawn breaks and piece maneuvers to help get powerful attacking positions.
The King’s Indian has been used to great effect by World Champions Smyslov, Petrosian, Fischer and Kasparov and is employed by modern day Super GMs Radjabov and Nakamura.
In this 7 hour course, IM Christian Richter looks at the different ways Black can respond to White’s various plans, from the steady blocking of White’s Queenside expansion to the frenetic attacking lines where Black sacrifices material all over the board to get at the King.
With illustrative games, thematic tactics and key positional ideas revealed, IM Richter passes on his expertise to you in a clear and logical manner, making it easy to remember and repeat in your own games.
Get ready to watch and play some exciting chess in the King’s Indian Defense!
RELOADED Edition! – Highlights• Exclusive Grandmaster/Master Video by a brilliant presenter. We preselect only the most compelling and interesting Grandmasters and Masters to make DVDs for us.
• Highest quality audio and video available with Grandmaster Webcam. No more wasted time listening to low quality videos where it’s hard to hear the audio and video.
• In depth text chapter summaries in PDF format of each DVD’s content to easily reference if you need a quick refresher on a specific topic.
• 20 relevant and challenging practice problems per disc with solutions so you can test your learning and knowledge.
• PGNs included for every game so you can plug the games into your favorite chess engine.
• Brought to you by iChess.net – The World Leaders in DVD education.
- Classical variation – 9.Ne1 and 10.Be3
- Classical variation – 13.Nd3
- Classical variation – 13.Rc1
- Classical variation – 13.a4
- Classical variation – 13.g4
- Wrapping up