80/20 Tactics Multiplier #02
Sam Shankland never stops! No sooner has he been crowned US Champion – sensationally finishing ahead of Caruana, So and Nakamura – than he’s back with another incredible training for you!
Sam’s 80/20 Tactics Multiplier: The Grunfeld course teaches you one of Black’s most exciting openings through the lens of Grandmaster tactics!
And there’s no better opening for this series than the ultra-sharp Grunfeld, a favorite weapon of both Kasparov and Fischer, famously used by Bobby to win the Game of the Century – one of the many games covered here.
How to get the most out of this course:
- Tackle the 50 Grunfeld tactics using the included PDFs
- Watch Sam Shankland’s detailed analysis of each of the 50 positions.
- Watch the 9 lessons Sam has recorded on the secrets of the Grunfeld.
- Retake the tactics test, marvel at your improvement then rip through the other 100 tactics at your own pace.
- Get out there and destroy some d4 dreams with your new GM repertoire!
Some of what you will learn:
- Simple strategic wins. That pawn center White is so proud of is about to collapse like a house of cards. GM Shankland teaches you the weird knight maneuvers and stabbing pawn breaks that will win you game after game.
- Jaw-dropping attacks. As you’d expect, this course is full of world-class tactical patterns. Learn the early attack that leads to this position. Take the queen? Nah… sac our queen instead!
- Dynamic domination. The Grunfeld is rich in positional sacrifices that lead to crushing positions. Sam explains why they work and when to play them – game-winning moves your opponents will not see coming!
Sam strives for the highest quality in everything he does and this course is no different.
Study it and not only will you have a high-level understanding of the Grunfeld without having to memorize theory, you’ll also vastly improve your calculation, tactical eye and intuition for dynamic play.
Introduction: About this course
Part 1: Tactics Explained
48 videos deeply analyzing GM tactics and attacks in the Grunfeld.
Part 2: Lessons in the Grunfeld
- The blocked center
- Weakness of c3
- Outside passed pawns
- What can go wrong
- White keeps pawn on b2
- The f5 break
- The e5 thrust
- White’s isolated d-pawn
- Playing around the d-pawn