How to Beat Your Kids at Chess
An Adult Beginner's Guide to Chess - 2nd EditionProduct Code: B0063RE
How to Beat Your Kids at Chess is a book that truly starts at the beginning, with the most basic idea of all: the straight line. This book offers clear explanations, opportunities to practice each concept before moving on, and a systematic progression of ideas. If you…
* have always wanted to learn to play chess, this is the book to get you started.
* are a chess parent who wants to understand what your child is leaning, this is the book for you.
* are a teacher or other adult with little chess knowledge, suddenly in charge of a chess program, then this is the book that will become your bible.
* are an adult looking for something to keep your brain active, this book will open the door to exciting and complete brain stimulation.
* have been daunted by the complexity of chess, think you don't have the patience for the game, or suffer some other fear that keeps you from trying, this book will allay all your anxieties.
David MacEnulty is an award-winning teacher with over twenty years of experience teaching children and adults. He has won several Teacher of the Year awards, was named Chess Educator of the Year by the University of Texas at Dallas, received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the US Chess Federation and was given the Lives that Make a Difference award from A&E Television.
Media Mail Eligible
Media Mail® shipping from the US Postal Service is the cost-effective way to ship Books, Software and DVDs. With shipping rates starting at only $5.00, it's the most affordable shipping method available.