In the fast-paced world of blitz chess there’s little time for deep analysis or strategic decisions but making the right move is still as important as ever.
Success at this speed requires a special set of skills, skills GM Maxim Dlugy has mastered and used to defeat some of the world’s very best players including Kasparov, Aronian and Nakamura.
In this 3 hour course, Maxim Dlugy looks at 5 of his finest victories over the world’s elite, revealing precisely how he dealt with each critical moment.
You will learn how to:
- simplify decisions to save time
- find ‘only moves’ with a tactical technique called elmination
- analyze rapidly and accurately by calculating each line only once
- overload your opponent’s mind with time consuming decisions
- conceive long-term plans to guide your move selection
Of course, all of these techniques will prove useful at any time control, making you a more efficient thinker and difficult opponent.
With rapidplay and blitz chess tournaments becoming increasingly popular, even at the very highest level, these techniques will soon become essential and there is no better teacher than GM Maxim Dlugy.