Incredible Savings on One-of-a-Kind Items - Updated Daily!

 

X

Understanding Chess Tactics

Product Code: B0022QT

img


Publisher: Quality Chess
Author: Martin Wetschnik
Year of Publication: 2006

Pages: 234
Notation Type: Figurine (FAN)


Book Description "Chess is 99% tactics" is an old saying. This may be an exaggeration, but even the remaining 1% still depends on tactics.

When FM Martin Weteschnik started working as a trainer in his local chess club, he quickly realized that even the stronger club players had great weaknesses in their tactical play. He also discovered that simply asking them to solve a huge number of puzzles did not fix the problem.

These players clearly needed a good book, but when Weteschnik looked for it he found nothing suitable, so he decided to write it himself. To his surprise, the book quickly became very successful in his native Germany, where one reviewer called it an "instant classic."

But Weteschnik was not completely satisfied with the book and decided to restructure and rewrite it completely. This is the book you now hold in your hands. If this book cannot improve your understanding of chess tactics, nothing will!

Our Price: $19.95


Author: Martin Weteschnik
Publication Date: January 1, 2006
Notation Type: FAN - Figurine
Page Count: 234 Pages

Media Mail Eligible

Media Mail® shipping from the US Postal Service is the cost-effective way to ship Books, Software and DVDs. With shipping rates starting at only 4.00, it's the most affordable shipping method available.

Related Products

  • Pawn Endings
    The Fritz Endgame Trainer examines the complex world of pawn endings in a practical way, preparing you for your actual over-the-board clashes. The Fritz Endgame Trainer contains more than 100 training positions, allowing you to practice winning or drawing endgames against Fritz.
    img

    Pawn Endings

    Catalog Code: WIN0055CB
    Our Price: $32.95
Tell us what you think about this item!

What Our Customers Are Saying About The House Of Staunton

lb