Shredder 12 - Many-Time World Computer Chess Champion
No other program in the past years was able to win as many world championship titles as the Shredder technology. The new version, Shredder 12, is stronger than its predecessor with its performance improved by about 100 Elo points. This was achieved by implementing more effecient search techniques and a new evaluation function which delivers more realistic assessments. Shredder still likes to go on the attack, but is not as speculative as previous versions. The evaluation of passed pawns has also been greatly improved. All of this leads to more reliable and realistic results during your analysis with the computer. A completely new feature is the 'Opening Advisor', which allows Shredder to handle opening lines much better without the help of an openings book.
Shredder 12 features...
* Extensive training and entertainment features for beginners, club players and grandmasters.
* Shredder 12 also gives you full and free access to the ChessBase Playchess server (1 year), where you can play games against people all over the world.
* Naturally the Shredder 12 engine runs under the brand new Fritz 12 interface
* Tournament opening book: The enhanced and extended Shredder opening book gives you full statistical information about every move that has been played in the current position.
* In addition you get a database with 1 million historic and current games.
Shredders world championship titles:
Jakarta 1996: World micro-computer chess champion
Paderborn 1999: Computer chess world champion
London 2000: World micro-computer chess champion
Maastricht 2001: World micro-computer chess champion
Maastricht 2002: Computer chess blitz world champion
Graz 2003: Computer chess world champion and blitz world champion
Tel Aviv 2004: Computer chess blitz world champion
Reykjavik 2005: Computer chess blitz world champion
Mainz 2006 Chess960 Computer chess world champion
Amsterdam 2007: Computer chess blitz world champion
* Minimum: Pentium III 1 GHz, 1.5 GB RAM, Windows 8, Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3), Windows 7, DirectX9 graphics card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows-Media Player 9, internet access (playchess.com, updates and activation).
* Recommended: PC Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 3 GB RAM, Windows 7, DirectX10 graphics card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or more, 100% DirectX10 compatible sound card, Windows Media Player 11, DVD ROM drive and internet access (playchess.com, updates and activation).