Our Price: $59.95
The Sicilian Dragon Series - Complete 3 Volume Set
Easy Way to Learn How to Play The Sicilian Dragon - 2 hours 6 minutes
"Gaining The Winning Edge"
GM Timur Gareev (Currently Ranked in the top 100 Players in the World) presents on this DVD the thematical ideas and motives in The Sicilian Dragon.
GM Gareev covers the key ideas and tactical routes for Black to gain a counter-attacking edge. Also Modern Examples-Mastering the sharpest theoretical variations and understanding White's attacking motives. Material is made easy to understand and learn by avoiding long complicated lines.
This Dvd Dragon Series covers lines for both White and Black. The DVD starts with introduction and continues on to the first step of classic examples by Simagin. Phase two covers understanding white's attacking motives: Karpov-Kortchnoi. And phase three covers engaging in theoretical battles: Modern Elite Chess examples.
This DVD serves to introduce the player to the thematical ideas and motives in Dragon variation. GM Timur discusses the key ideas and tactical routes for black to gain the counter-attacking edge.
- Simagin Classic Games: fundamentals & key ideas
- Karpov-Kortchnoi: White's flawless execution of the plan-Gaining awareness of opponent's potential
- Elite Chess: Modern Examples-Mastering the sharpest theoretical variations
Beating TheYugo-Slav Attack 9.0-0-0 with 9....d5 PART 1 2 hours 36 minutes
Presented by: GM Timur Gareev & GM Ronen Har-Zv
White plays 9.0-0-0 leaving the Bishop on f1 this is a serious alternative in the Yugoslav attack instead of 9. Bc4. White goes immediately for a kingside attack while Black counters with 9 Learn More
FOXY OPENINGS - VOL. 144 - Easy to Learn Step by Step Strategies On How to Think and Play Like A GrandMasterOur Price: $24.95GM Gareev blasting through The 2012 North American Open scoring 8 out of 9 points and achieving a 2890 Fide performance rating!! This DVD is a step by step guide to improve Your chess and reach your desired goals. GM Gareev will explain his thought process in tournament play, analysis and a lesson plan on concepts, tactics and strategies that will improve your game and give you a road map on thinking and playing like a GrandMaster. Openings covered Queens Indian, Pirc, Grunfeld, Queens Gambit Accepted & Declined, Hedgehog, Exchange Ruy Lopez, Tactical Ideas in The Italian Game Learn MoreOur Price: $24.95On this DVD IM Andrew Martin gives Black a Winning Repertoire system against 1.d4. Meeting Whites reply with 1….d5. IM Martin will provide you with aggressive lines against the pesky 1.d4 openings which include The London System, the Colle and the Pseudo Trompowski 1.d4 2. Bg5. IM Martin recommends meeting the Queens Gambit by accepting it. The QGA is a fundamental defence to 1. d4 and has been used by many World Champions, Petrosian, Anand and Kasparov!!. Learn More
FOXY OPENINGS - VOL. 146 - Winning Repertoire for Black Against 1. e4 - Black Plays 1... e5 - PART 1Our Price: $24.95On this DVD IM Martin gives a winning repertoire system against 1.e4, meeting it with 1...e5 for Black. Martin offers aggressive lines against the King's Gambit, Center Game, Danish Gambit, Bishop's Opening, Vienna Gambit and the Italian Game. Learn More
FOXY OPENINGS - VOL. 147 - Winning Repertoire for Black Against 1. e4 - Black Plays 1... e5 - PART 2Our Price: $24.95Part 2 of this DVD IM Andrew Martin gives Black a Winning Repertoire System Against 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nf6 The Petroff is an easy to learn Counter Attacking Weapon for Black. IM Martin will provide you with the latest aggressive lines taken from recent top level GM Games. Learn More
Regular Price: $1,000.00
Special Price: $500.00
New for the Legacy Collection is a House of Staunton prototype chessboard, with 2.0" squares!
This board is crafted from grey granite (light squares) and copper granite (dark squares) and a Padauk wood frame, with an overall footprint of 23 x 23 inches. The granite has a beautiful high-gloss finish, with a semi-gloss finish on the wooden frame.Learn MoreOur Price: $9.95
This great book for beginning players covers the most basic of all mates - the one move mate! Schiller presents different game positions where you must find the move that instantly wins the game. You'll learn how to make the final move with all the pieces - knights, bishops, rooks, pawns, queens and even the king. This great training tool is perfect for players new to the game of chess!
Regular Price: $36.95
Special Price: $33.95
This DVD by Lubomir Ftacnik is an ambitious project, presenting a comprehensive set of ideas and structures in chess openings, arising after the first move 1.d4.Our Price: $29.95
"Grandmaster Repertoire" is a new series of high quality chess books based on the main lines, written by strong grandmasters. The aim is to provide the reader with a complete repertoire at a level good enough for elite tournaments, and certainly also for the club championship.Our Price: $34.95
"Grandmaster Repertoire" is a new series of high quality chess books based on the main lines, written by strong grandmasters. The aim is to provide the reader with a complete repertoire at a level good enough for elite tournaments, and certainly also for the club championship.
Regular Price: $39.95
Special Price: $36.95While almost everybody is spending 95% of his opening preparation time on major lines, there are some tricky players including strong GMs (I am not an exception) who prepare for their opponents some side lines, which contain many an underwater reef. I decided to collect those secondary openings in one single DVD. From now on openings such as the Pirc, the Scandinavian and the Alekhine Defences will not appear to you in your nightmares any more. The 1.e4 player should be actually thank Black for choosing these openings, since he is providing White with a better centre, a stable advantage and generally speaking pleasant play. The only thing White needs to do is to spend some time studying the lines. I will not bother you with encyclopaedic approach. There is a more practical way. Learn More
Regular Price: $36.95
Special Price: $33.95
In this DVD, Sam Collins offers another way. Discussing sound, aggressive lines, all with regular top-level support from GMs Tiviakov, Howell, Pavasovic and others, Collins breaks down each position into its key components and explains the core plans and ideas, together with enough theory to avoid any accidents and catch your opponents by surprise.
Regular Price: $36.95
Special Price: $33.95
Many players struggle to find solid openings to play as Black, especially if they have relatively little time to study theory. This DVD addresses this problem, presenting a solid and easy to learn Black repertoire against White’s two main opening moves, 1.e4 and 1.d4.
Regular Price: $36.95
Special Price: $33.95
1.Nf3 - a variable Repertoire for White is the name for a comprehensive opening system strategy based on security and choice.
The old maxim of perceiving 1.e4 openings as tactical and more dangerous as opposed to the more positional and peaceful 1.d4 openings no longer reflects the modern world of chess openings.
This repertoire DVD is the fruit of a lifetime's experience, as the author Lubomir Ftacnik uses it actively in his practice.
The system gives all White players the chance to fine-tune the level of exposure and risk Learn MoreOur Price: $29.95
This is a new series which provides an ideal platform to study chess openings. By continually challenging the reader to answer probing questions throughout the book, the Move by Move format greatly encourages the learning and practicing of vital skills just as much as the traditional assimilation of opening knowledge.Learn MoreOur Price: $24.95
This manual fills a big gap in chess literature. After 1.d4, probably the most widely played opening move in the world, Black can avoid main line theory by deviating into a whole variety of irritating unorthodox sidelines. White players often stumble into unknown and dangerous territory where their tricky opponent awaits them, fully prepared.Learn More
Regular Price: $39.95
Special Price: $36.95
For young and developing players a very important piece of advice is to study open positions and to understand the value of coordination of the pieces plus the role of the centre. These goals can be achieved just by answering 1.e4 with 1...e5. Some players claim that these positions are not sharp and interesting enough, and they believe that different Sicilians should be one’s choice, but that is not completely correct. The idea of this DVD is to show that 1.e4 e5 can be extremely entertaining and that Black can obtain interesting counterplay in every opening. There are two lines proposed in the Spanish systems plus the most active alternatives against other white choices. Video running time: 6 h 48 min.
Pentium-Processor at 300 Mhz or higher, 64 MB RAM, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, DVD drive, mouse, soundcardOur Price: $34.95
This book, itself a work of art, is brought together by the use of five criteria: the overall aesthetics (clever and relentless are insufficient qualities); the originality (e.g., not yet another white knight sacrifice in a Sicilian); the level of opposition (the loser played very well); the soundness (i.e., are the moves refutable with perfect play?), accuracy (few of the moves are second-best), and difficulty (the winner overcame major obstacles) of the game; and finally the overall breadth and depth (one wants a series of sparkling ideas, with no dry patches).Our Price: $9.95
This volume of 100 chess classics (games, studies, combinations, problems or other chess ideas that have become historically famous) spans from the 13th century to the present day. Contains a wealth of chess brilliance. Examples have been chosen for their instructive & entertainment value.Our Price: $9.95
Perfect for beginning players--including children--100 Easy Checkmates offers an accessible, fun guide to winning at chess. Designed to help players learn without frustration or tedious chess notation, 100 Easy Checkmates presents easy one- and two-move checkmates that everyone can understand.Our Price: $24.95
Most players tend to neglect the endgame, many even dodge the endgame by taking extreme risks in the middlegame, simply because they feel uncertain about the final phase. But time limits have shortened, and the endgame has to be played fast. A solid basic knowledge is vital. There are, contrary to what most amateurs believe, relatively few endgames one must know. Here the 100 endgames are presented that:show up most frequently in practice are easy to learn and contain ideas and concepts useful in more difficult positions.Our Price: $64.95
In the second half of 20th century, the game of chess swept around the world. "The Royal Game had become a game of the people." Chess Informant appeared, collecting some of the most precious games created by chess players. From millions of games played at some of the most important tournaments worldwide, 101,031 games have been published in the first 100 volumes of Chess Informant (1966-2007).Our Price: $21.95
This truly outstanding book, first published in Russian in the 1970s and regarded there as a classic, contains everything you need to know bout how to deliver checkmate. It contains a wealth of elegant and sophisticated chess tactics as well as systematic and effective instruction.Learn MoreOur Price: $39.95
Our new book 1000 TN!! collects the best of the best 1,000 theoretical novelties from Chess Informants 11 to 110 and provides an adventurous journey through the development of chess openings during the last forty years. Moreover, in every theoretical line, we add the latest word on the state of theory.Our Price: $14.95
The man who wrote, "Tactics is 99 per cent of chess," might well have added ? "and 99 per cent of the fun, too!"
Brilliant sacrifices and combinations, either calculated in advance or played on the spur of the moment, give us thrills that cannot be equaled by any other aspect of the game. And, by a very fortunate coincidence, these brilliant strokes are just what we need to become first-rate players.Our Price: $24.95
For all chess-players, from beginners to world champions, from kids to seniors, delivering checkmate is the greatest thrill the game has to offer. The ability to spot checkmates is a vital skill - and this easy-to-use book shows you how it is done. With the help of Grandmaster John Nunn, you will be ready to shock your next opponent with a deadly checkmate, whether in a school match, a club tournament - or even a championship game!Learn MoreOur Price: $14.95
n this encyclopedia of brilliant attacking themes, the famous chess master, Fred Reinfeld, takes 1001 different combinations and sacrifices, diagrams them, and demonstrates how each can lead you to victory. Mr. Reinfeld shows exactly how these sacrifices work, and how the proper combination built around the sacrifice leads to sure success with an aggressive game.Our Price: $19.95One of the world's finest writers on chess presents his selection of brilliant modern games of 25 moves or fewer. Much can be learned from these sparkling miniatures. John Nunn examines how the loser might have avoided disaster, and explains how the winner managed to punch home his advantage so effectively. Learn More
- P.C. from LA writes, "I knew I had to buy your set of chessmen. They are fantastic. The case is gorgeous. And even the chess board is beautiful, despite it being one of your least expensive chess boards."
- R.H. from NY writes, "The chess set came yesterday and it is so beautiful!!!!! It was a dreary dismal day here, cold and rainy and receiving the set made it feel like the sun had come out."
- D.B. from WA writes, "The Marshall chess set arrived last weekend. Opening the package was better than Christmas. To cut a long story short, this set is the finest I've ever seen or even held in my hands."
- S.L. from CA writes, "The 4"Collector chess set that arrived at our home in Davis, CA is incomparable! My son & I joyfully unwrapped the boxwood & ebony pieces & admired their graceful beauty, pawn by pawn, piece by piece."
- M.N. from TX writes, "The chess sets arrived today. WOW, I had heard that the House of Staunton chess sets were the best around and now I can see why! Both sets are absolutely beautiful. I know I'm going to enjoy the Zagreb set."
- B.R. from IL writes, "I just received the new chess board and it's just beautiful! The new chessmen look great sitting on it, and I'm sure it will give me hours of pleasure playing the greatest game of all !"
- D.L. from SC writes, "The chess pieces arrived and are absolutely beautiful. I may not play like a grandmaster, but I will feel like one. Thank you for your help and prompt attention."
- E.V. from CA writes, "I've just received my chess men : they are absolutely astonishing! I knew from the pictures that they were beautiful but they are much more than this: they're real masterpieces!"
- R.G. from Alaska writes, "I have just received my order of Professional Series chess pieces. I must say that they are gorgeous! I felt I was treated as if one of the family in the way the order was taken and delivered. I'm a very happy customer!"
- D.O. from NJ writes, "The chess set and chess board are incredible. The pictures looked great, but they don't do this set justice. I can't believe there is a finer classic Staunton chess set out there."
- B.O. from CO writes, "I am writing to you to express my deep satisfaction with the House of Staunton chess set I received from my wife as a 40th birthday gift. It is truly beautiful. Thanks"
- G.M. from MS writes, "I received the Rosewood Players chess set today and all I can say is... outstanding! It is a magnificent set. I couldn't ask for a better chess set, it puts my set from the USCF I got in the 80's to shame."
- P.M. from OK writes, "The chess set I ordered from you came in mint condition, expertly wrapped and it is a work of art. It is rare to find items crafted so well and I will certainly recommend The House of Staunton to others."
- B.W. from CA writes, "I just received the chess set (Players Series) and I could not be more pleased! The quality and workmanship for a set in this price range is amazing. I am looking forward to my next purchase."
- R.R. from CA writes, "The chess set arrived today. Was struck by overall superior quality and weight. The Rosewood is quite beautiful. More than I expected. Thanks for accommodating extra queens."
- R.B. from OR writes, "I received my Players Series set today and just wanted to let you know how pleased I am with these pieces. They are beautiful. Thank you for a fine product. Worth every penny."
- P.G. from OR writes, "The set arrived today, and words fail to describe how gorgeous it looks. You've done something that I've always wanted to do: take an object I care about, and raise the world standard for functionality and aesthetics. Well done."
- L.L. from NV writes, "I cannot begin to tell you how pleased I am with the chess set which arrived today. It's so exquisite, I can't stop looking at it. Though the pictures on your website are beautiful, they don't do justice to actually seeing them in person."
- L.L. from AZ writes, "This chess set exceeded all my expectations. I've been looking for a red-lacquered chess set for quite sometime, and this is the most beautiful I've ever seen. Thank you, also, for meticulously wrapping each piece."
- R.A. from AZ writes, "I can honestly say that all things considered your chess sets are better than Jaques, because you provide the same if not better quality, but at a price that is much easier to bear."
- F.B. from UT writes, "Thanks so much! My brother is going to love his first real chess set. You are the best. But you know that already. Keep me in the loop on how you plan to overtake all the crap plastic sets out there."
- R.F. from WY writes, "Just a note to thank you for the beautiful chess set I received, and the great(!) service that your business delivers. You were very patient and accommodating during my selection process. Now if I could only learn how to win a game..."
- B.F. from Idaho writes,"My plastic Collectors chess set arrived today, and I must tell you, Yes, to me it IS well worth what I paid for it. It is massive, heavy, elegant and high-class. A true work of art."
- A.S. from ND writes, "I just received my Plastic Collector's set and it's every bit as impressive as I had expected it to be. Not only is it the finest plastic chess set I've ever seen, but the biggest bargain, as well. That's a rare combination."
- H.O. from ND writes, "Received my beautiful ebonized Winsor chess set today. It is awesome. A work of art I will treasure & play with. I can't wait to save up enough for my House of Staunton chess board."
- J.E. from SD writes, "I recieved my chess set yesterday, I could not be happier. The quality is above what I expected. I would like to own a Jaques set someday but until then I will be perfectly happy with my Reykjavik II Chess Set."
- M.M. from KS writes, "I received the chess set today! I can only say that the photos on your web site do no justice to the Collector Series chess pieces. I hand waxed them as you instructed, and they are truly exceptional."
- B.B. from OK writes, "Thanks again, the chessmen and the chess board both got much praise when I took them to work today. Everyone was as impressed as I was, with the beauty and quality of both my chess board and the wonderful chessmen."
- A.F. from TX writes, "I think you've hit a home run. HOS' chess boxes are beautiful. Absolutely the best I have ever seen in this price range. Will definitely be ordering some more."