Strategy University 5Product Code: WIN0362CB
Using ideas and games of great masters from the past, the Ukrainian trainer deals with various themes.
1. The Soviet Grandmaster Vladimir Simagin was one of the first to employ the typical Exchange sacrifice: on one hand the Sicilian Exchange sacrifice ...Rxc3, and on the other allowing the "exchange" of a Rook on f8 against the White Bishop on h6 in order to go on and achieve a superiority on the black squares.
2. Attacks by Tal are presented under “Bluffs”, but the theme has a much more all-embracing heading, namely "drastically altering the course of a game".
3. Anybody can carry out double attacks, but how do you bring about the positions in which they are possible? This theme, which is of course partly tactical in nature, is one of the most important ones which can lead to success in chess.
4. How to take on board the ideas of other players and then make use of them yourself.
5. Through his own games, the author shows how to recognise typical mistakes and study them with a view to avoiding them in the future.
6. To finish off, the DVD introduces some legendary Soviet players: Yuri Razuvaev, VitalyTseshkovsky, Oleg Dementiev and Viktor Zheliandinov.
Video running time: 5 hours 35 min.
Adrian Mikhalchishin, a Grandmaster since 1978, is currently among the top 5 world trainers and the Chairman of the FIDE Trainers' Commission. He trained the team of USSR in 1980s, national teams of Slovenia, Poland and the Netherlands, and was the trainer of Anatoly Karpov (1980-1986), trained Zsuzsa Polgar, Alexander Beliavsky, Maja Chiburdanidze, Arkadij Naiditsch and Vassily Ivanchuk.
System requirements: Pentium-Processor at 300 Mhz or higher, 64 MB RAM, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, DVD drive, mouse, soundcard.
Returns & Exchanges
Computer Software and DVDs that come on Physical Media (such as CD-ROMs and DVD-ROMS) can only be returned or exchanged if the product is in its original, shrinkwrapped packaging and has not been installed or used in any way. Once you open the packaging of a Computer Software or DVD title, it can only be exchanged for a new copy of the same title and only if the original media is defective. There are NO exceptions to this rule.
Pentium III 1 GHz, 2 GB RAM, Windows (Supports XP (Service pack 3), Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10), DirectX9, 256 MB graphics card, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9 and Internet access for program activation.
Media Mail Eligible
Media Mail® shipping from the US Postal Service is the cost-effective way to ship Books, Software and DVDs. With shipping rates starting at only 4.00, it's the most affordable shipping method available.