SHOPWORN - Chess For Rookies
Learn To Play, Win and Enjoy!Product Code: SWB0279EM
Publisher: Everyman Chess
Author: Craig Pritchett
Year of Publication: 2009
Notation Type: Algebraic (AN)
Book DescriptionChess for Rookies is a fun-to-read, leisurely, yet well-paced guide. Assuming no prior knowledge of the game, Craig Pritchett takes the beginner on a journey through the crucial basics. Mixing instruction and good humour, this book is an ideal way to learn how to play and win at chess.
* Learn about the chessboard and how the pieces move
* Grasp the relative strengths of the chessboard forces
* Master basic chess tactics and strategies
* Get on top of trickier ideas such as castling and en passant
* Realize when to attack or defend
* Develop your opening, middlegame and endgame skills
* Learn how to use your computer to enhance skills
* Discover where best to play and enjoy chess.
And after all that, be ready to play, win and enjoy!
Returns & Exchanges
We can not accept return or exchange requests for shopworn book sales. Because we are offering these current books at an incredible discount due to shopworn imperfections, which may include bent corners and edge smudges, all shopworn book sales are final.
Media Mail Eligible
Media Mail® shipping from the US Postal Service is the cost-effective way to ship Books, Software and DVDs. With shipping rates starting at only 4.00, it's the most affordable shipping method available.
|Country of Manufacture|
|Publication Date||Aug 25, 2009|