Chess For Rookies
Learn To Play, Win and Enjoy!Product Code: B0279EM
Publisher: Everyman Chess
Author: Craig Pritchett
Year of Publication: 2009
Notation Type: Algebraic (AN)
Book DescriptionChess for Rookies is a fun-to-read, leisurely, yet well-paced guide. Assuming no prior knowledge of the game, Craig Pritchett takes the beginner on a journey through the crucial basics. Mixing instruction and good humour, this book is an ideal way to learn how to play and win at chess.
* Learn about the chessboard and how the pieces move
* Grasp the relative strengths of the chessboard forces
* Master basic chess tactics and strategies
* Get on top of trickier ideas such as castling and en passant
* Realize when to attack or defend
* Develop your opening, middlegame and endgame skills
* Learn how to use your computer to enhance skills
* Discover where best to play and enjoy chess.
And after all that, be ready to play, win and enjoy!
Returns & Exchanges
This is a Specialty Item and All Sales are Final. No refunds, returns or exchanges are allowed.
Media Mail Eligible
|Publication Date||Aug 25, 2009|
|Notation Type||AN - Algebraic|