Irregular Chess Openings
$19.95On this groundbreaking Foxy Openings DVD, International Master Andrew Martin turns the spotlight on the under-appreciated Blumenfeld Gambit - 1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 e6 3. Nf3 c5 4. d5 b5!?
This is a sound and exciting way to try to get the initiative as Black and has become increasingly popular with aggressive players, including a number of the world's leading Grandmasters. Learn More
$19.95On this DVD, Roman will teach you an easy and flexible opening for White. You will learn how to achieve a clear middlegame plan while avoiding complex variations and simplifications. White can either start with e4 or Nf3 followed by d3, g3, Bg2 and 0-0. Black cannot prevent you from playing your easy-to-learn setup. Roman will also cover and analyze 5 highly instructional games. Learn More
$79.95Complete Set THE SNIPER! A Dynamic Universal System for the Aggressive Black Player - 11 hours on 4 dvds The SNIPER! is a dynamic and universal opening system that fills in the gaps for the Black player who plays the Accelerated Dragon,the Dzindzi Indian, or other Black Fianchetto defences. Black's system of development with 1 Learn More
$19.95This DVD features GM Jon Levitt's own brand new super-sharp system 1.d4 c5 2.d5 f5 - the Clarendon Court Defence. Levitt first tried this system in the 1994 New York Open, and since then GM Tukmakov has used it to beat GM Lputian, and this video contains a mountain of the author's home analysis. Learn More
$19.95This the most comprehensive 3 Part DVD series ever produced on the Dzindzi Indian - designed to give Black an easy-to-learn yet powerful and incredibly effective weapon which scores a remarkable 57% for Black. GM Ron Henley plays this Opening on a regular basis for Black and combines his own ideas with Roman Dzindzichashvili (the creator of the Dzindzi Indian) GM Ron Henley will give you example games on each variation as well as theory, also after each chapter he will recap all the ideas covered. Learn More
$24.95As played by Nigel Short against Garry Kasparov - 1.d4 d6 2.Nf3 Bg4 is a relatively new system with some high-class adherents. Completely sound, it leads to dynamic and unbalanced middlegames. The defense has the considerable merit of sidestepping standard theory, and is a favorite of Anand and Speelman. GM James Plaskett analyses Black's best plans against all possible White set-ups. Learn More
$19.95IM Andrew Martin sounds the charge. There's nothing quite like it! Not for the faint-hearted, the Blackmar-Diemer Gambit terrifies opponents and will spice up your chess life! Learn More
$34.95The Evans Gambit is one of the most dangerous chess openings ever invented as white recklessly sacrifices a pawn on move 4 to obtain a lasting initiative with an enduring lead in development. The Evans Gambit arises via the move order 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bc4 Bc5 4. b4!? – as white sacrifices this pawn to distract black’s minor pieces and open lines for instant attacking prospects as black’s king will have a difficult time getting out of the center. Learn More
$24.95GM Julian Hodgson's original ideas have come to the forefront as the new main lines of the Trompowski (1.d4 Nf6 2.Bg5). He explores the surprise weapons and attacking formations that have garnered him an impressive list of victims. He considers all the major Black responses and after the critical 2...Ne4, concentrates on the fantastic 3.h4 lines he has popularized. Hodgson also covers the Pseudo-Trompowski 1.d4 d5 2.Bg5. Learn More
$19.95Nc6 is a combative and highly aggressive riposte to 1.e4. Against the critical 2. d4, Black's best plan is to stike out with the uncompromising 2...e5! and against White's second move alternatives, the author plots a distinctive Nimzowitsch course. Championed and refined by GM Tony Miles, the modern Nimzowitsch is the perfect weapon for club players. Learn More
Volume 4 of 4
THE SNIPER! A Dynamic Universal System for the Aggressive Black Player - 203 minutes
The SNIPER! is a dynamic and universal opening system that fills in the gaps for the Black player who plays the Accelerated Dragon,the Dzindzi Indian, or other Black Fianchetto defences. Black's system of development with 1 Learn More
ROMAN'S LAB - VOLUME 76 - Beating 1.d4 with the Aggressive & Revised Dzindzi Indian Defense - PART 1$19.95Roman with the help of Rybka has revitalize a forgotten opening which he has made famous by winning countless games. The opening first appeared on Romans Forum series vol.32 which is still a good reference. Roman has made significant improves for this complete 2 part Opening Repetorire.This Opening is easy to learn and understand and is a great surprise weapon that your opponent will have trouble meeting. Learn More$14.95In the 6-Disk Collection of Roman's Encyclopedia of 47 Essential Chess Openings, Roman gives you his preferred lines for white and black that will give you easy and quick to learn lines that provide a clear plan to solve your opening problems. Learn More
FOXY OPENINGS - VOLUME 103 - A French Repertoire in the Exchange and King's Indian Attack Variations$24.95With the resurgence of the French Defence at all levels of chess play, International Master Andrew Martin is proud to offer a 3 disk mini-series on the most critical lines which will help the Black player form a successful and effective repertoire. Learn More
E-DVD FOXY OPENINGS - VOLUME 70 - Larsen's Deadly Weapon Repertoire - Take your Opponent Out of Theory$19.95Danish GM Bent Larsen's play was always highly original and creative. He was one of the modern exponents of 1 b3, a system that often either transposed or had a great similarity to some of the Bird's Opening systems. Learn More$19.95Grandmasters have recently discovered that the Ponziani is a useful surprise weapon, and in 2012 and 2013 the opening has been played frequently at the highest level. Even Magnus Carlsen has used it! Therefore at club level, a good knowledge of the tactics and strategical objectives that White has after 1 e4 e5 2 Nf3 Nc6 3 c3!?, could easily rack up the wins. There is a lot less to know and learn about the Ponziani than any of the Ruy Lopez, the Italian Game or the Scotch, which are White's three main open-game weapons. Thus the opening has a very practical element to it. Learn More$24.95Now you need no longer fear those insidious Flank Openings. IM Andrew Martin recommends his favorite Old Indian system which you can use against all the Flank Openings and also 1.d4.And along the way you will discover the secrets that he has used to score countless victories against grandmaster opposition. Learn More$24.95This the most comprehensive 3 Part DVD series ever produced on the Dzindzi Indian - designed to give Black an easy-to-learn yet powerful and incredibly effective weapon which scores a remarkable 57% for Black. Learn More$24.95A darling of great attacking players such as Marshall and Spielman, the Danish Gambit has recently been revived by GMs Hector and Tisdall. They have successfully challenged some of the old assessments of the line, and in this video, GM Nigel Davies tells you all you need to know to wield the sizzling Danish with deadly effect! Learn More$19.95The SNIPER! is a dynamic and universal opening system that fills in the gaps for the Black player who plays the Accelerated Dragon,the Dzindzi Indian, or other Black Fianchetto defences. Black's system of development with 1…g6 and 2...Bg7 allows White to occupy the center, but in true SNIPER! Modern style, Black strikes back with an early c5! Learn More$19.95The King's Indian Attack (KIA) can be used successfully after 1 e4 or 1 Nf3. On this all-new Foxy openings DVD, International Master Andrew Martin recommends starting with 1. e4 and shows when the KIA may be played with best hope of success. You will learn the nuts and bolts of a very good opening system and know exactly when you should play it and when not. Learn More$24.951.e4 e5 2.Bb5! Look forward to the wicked Portuguese Gambit or a super-charged King's Gambit position. A shock opening that is eminently sound. Part 1: Main Line 2...c6 3.Ba4 Learn More$19.95The Benko Gambit offers Black clear-cut attacking territory without having to memorize mountains of theory. This Benko video volume covers lines in which White declines the gambit pawn. Learn More$19.95Chess Opening systems examined include the Stonewall and the Colle-Zukertort, along with possible transpositions to the Kovacevic system against the King's Indian and Grunfeld set-ups. It is very unlikely that any opponent, at club level, will have done work on these chess openings at all. Learn More$24.95Red-hot material for those who enjoy original and attacking lines. GM Julian Hodgson continues to terrorize super-GMs with his own Trompowski theory. Here he gives away his secrets in the critical main line 1.d4 Nf6 2.Bg5! Ne4 3.Bf4. These new main lines of the Tromp are as weird and wonderful as ever. Fun to play and extremely potent! Learn More$14.95On this DVD, Roman will teach you an easy and flexible opening for White. You will learn how to achieve a clear middlegame plan while avoiding complex variations and simplifications. White can either start with e4 or Nf3 followed by d3, g3, Bg2 and 0-0. Black cannot prevent you from playing your easy-to-learn setup. Roman will also cover and analyze 5 highly instructional games. Learn More$24.95Now you have a reliable and creative way to play this exciting gambit! Andrew Martin's all new DVD brings you a solid but little known way to play this deadly gambit - without losing all the hidden traps and quick crushing wins that the Blackmar-Diemer gambit notoriously famous for. Learn More
- P.C. from LA writes, "I knew I had to buy your set of chessmen. They are fantastic. The case is gorgeous. And even the chess board is beautiful, despite it being one of your least expensive chess boards."
- R.H. from NY writes, "The chess set came yesterday and it is so beautiful!!!!! It was a dreary dismal day here, cold and rainy and receiving the set made it feel like the sun had come out."
- D.B. from WA writes, "The Marshall chess set arrived last weekend. Opening the package was better than Christmas. To cut a long story short, this set is the finest I've ever seen or even held in my hands."
- S.L. from CA writes, "The 4"Collector chess set that arrived at our home in Davis, CA is incomparable! My son & I joyfully unwrapped the boxwood & ebony pieces & admired their graceful beauty, pawn by pawn, piece by piece."
- M.N. from TX writes, "The chess sets arrived today. WOW, I had heard that the House of Staunton chess sets were the best around and now I can see why! Both sets are absolutely beautiful. I know I'm going to enjoy the Zagreb set."
- B.R. from IL writes, "I just received the new chess board and it's just beautiful! The new chessmen look great sitting on it, and I'm sure it will give me hours of pleasure playing the greatest game of all !"
- D.L. from SC writes, "The chess pieces arrived and are absolutely beautiful. I may not play like a grandmaster, but I will feel like one. Thank you for your help and prompt attention."
- E.V. from CA writes, "I've just received my chess men : they are absolutely astonishing! I knew from the pictures that they were beautiful but they are much more than this: they're real masterpieces!"
- R.G. from Alaska writes, "I have just received my order of Professional Series chess pieces. I must say that they are gorgeous! I felt I was treated as if one of the family in the way the order was taken and delivered. I'm a very happy customer!"
- D.O. from NJ writes, "The chess set and chess board are incredible. The pictures looked great, but they don't do this set justice. I can't believe there is a finer classic Staunton chess set out there."
- B.O. from CO writes, "I am writing to you to express my deep satisfaction with the House of Staunton chess set I received from my wife as a 40th birthday gift. It is truly beautiful. Thanks"
- G.M. from MS writes, "I received the Rosewood Players chess set today and all I can say is... outstanding! It is a magnificent set. I couldn't ask for a better chess set, it puts my set from the USCF I got in the 80's to shame."
- P.M. from OK writes, "The chess set I ordered from you came in mint condition, expertly wrapped and it is a work of art. It is rare to find items crafted so well and I will certainly recommend The House of Staunton to others."
- B.W. from CA writes, "I just received the chess set (Players Series) and I could not be more pleased! The quality and workmanship for a set in this price range is amazing. I am looking forward to my next purchase."
- R.R. from CA writes, "The chess set arrived today. Was struck by overall superior quality and weight. The Rosewood is quite beautiful. More than I expected. Thanks for accommodating extra queens."
- R.B. from OR writes, "I received my Players Series set today and just wanted to let you know how pleased I am with these pieces. They are beautiful. Thank you for a fine product. Worth every penny."
- P.G. from OR writes, "The set arrived today, and words fail to describe how gorgeous it looks. You've done something that I've always wanted to do: take an object I care about, and raise the world standard for functionality and aesthetics. Well done."
- L.L. from NV writes, "I cannot begin to tell you how pleased I am with the chess set which arrived today. It's so exquisite, I can't stop looking at it. Though the pictures on your website are beautiful, they don't do justice to actually seeing them in person."
- L.L. from AZ writes, "This chess set exceeded all my expectations. I've been looking for a red-lacquered chess set for quite sometime, and this is the most beautiful I've ever seen. Thank you, also, for meticulously wrapping each piece."
- R.A. from AZ writes, "I can honestly say that all things considered your chess sets are better than Jaques, because you provide the same if not better quality, but at a price that is much easier to bear."
- F.B. from UT writes, "Thanks so much! My brother is going to love his first real chess set. You are the best. But you know that already. Keep me in the loop on how you plan to overtake all the crap plastic sets out there."
- R.F. from WY writes, "Just a note to thank you for the beautiful chess set I received, and the great(!) service that your business delivers. You were very patient and accommodating during my selection process. Now if I could only learn how to win a game..."
- B.F. from Idaho writes,"My plastic Collectors chess set arrived today, and I must tell you, Yes, to me it IS well worth what I paid for it. It is massive, heavy, elegant and high-class. A true work of art."
- A.S. from ND writes, "I just received my Plastic Collector's set and it's every bit as impressive as I had expected it to be. Not only is it the finest plastic chess set I've ever seen, but the biggest bargain, as well. That's a rare combination."
- H.O. from ND writes, "Received my beautiful ebonized Winsor chess set today. It is awesome. A work of art I will treasure & play with. I can't wait to save up enough for my House of Staunton chess board."
- J.E. from SD writes, "I recieved my chess set yesterday, I could not be happier. The quality is above what I expected. I would like to own a Jaques set someday but until then I will be perfectly happy with my Reykjavik II Chess Set."
- M.M. from KS writes, "I received the chess set today! I can only say that the photos on your web site do no justice to the Collector Series chess pieces. I hand waxed them as you instructed, and they are truly exceptional."
- B.B. from OK writes, "Thanks again, the chessmen and the chess board both got much praise when I took them to work today. Everyone was as impressed as I was, with the beauty and quality of both my chess board and the wonderful chessmen."
- A.F. from TX writes, "I think you've hit a home run. HOS' chess boxes are beautiful. Absolutely the best I have ever seen in this price range. Will definitely be ordering some more."