NIC Yearbook 101 - PAPERBACK EDITION
Veselin Topalov's Enigmatic 5. Qc2 Creates an Anti-Grunfeld RageProduct Code: B0101PYB
The Chess Player's Guide to Opening News
Readers from all over the world join in discussions on previous Surveys. Titled players, correspondence players and club players shed their light on opening developments and search for the truth together. With contributions by Viacheslav Zakhartsov, Andras Adorjan, Jose Vilela, and many others.
Benjamin's Opening Takes
Joel Benjamin's helicopter view on openings swoops to the choices of the 21st century's World Champions, Vladimir Kramnik and Vishy Anand. After Kasparov's reign we have now entered the years of 1.d4. Benjamin takes an in-depth look at the 4.Qc2 Nimzo-Indian and the Lasker Variation of the Queen's Gambit Declined on the highest level.
Glenn Flear reviews Andrey Obodchuk's labour of love on The Four Knights Game and found it a valuable addition to existing (scarce) theory. He welcomes Nicolai Pedersen's play the Benko gambit, as this opening is experiencing a revival.
The eternal struggle against the Sicilian has resulted in two new books: Experts on the Anti-Sicilian by various authors, and Gawain Jones' How to beat the Sicilian defence. According to Flear, the first is a 'must', the second has 'great merit', so there you are.
- Sicilian Defence - Najdorf Variation 6...Nbd7 - SI 4.1 - Tuncer
- Sicilian Defence - Delayed Poisoned Pawn Variation - SI 4.8 - Olthof
- Sicilian Defence - Paulsen Variation 6...Qb6 - SI 41.9 - Fogarasi
- Sicilian Defence - Paulsen Variation 5.c4 - SI 41.15 - Ninov
- French Defence - Advance Variation 4...Qb6 - FR 3.3 - Boersma
- French Defence - Steinitz Variation 8...Bc5 - FR 4.4 - Finkel
- French Defence - MacCutcheon Variation 6.Bd2 - FR 5.4 - De Dovitiis
- Ruy Lopez - Jaenisch Variation 7...Qg5 - RL 6.10 - Steenbekkers
- Ruy Lopez - Berlin Defence 9...Ke8 - RL 7.1 - Anka
- Scotch Opening - Classical and Mieses Variations - SO 4-5 - Van der Wiel
- King's Pawn Openings - Two Knights Defence 8.Bd3 - KP 12.8 - Mikhalevski
- Vienna Game - Fianchetto 2...Nf6 3.g3 - VG 1.11 - Finkel
- Various Openings - Van Geet Opening 1.Nc3 - VO 12.2/3 - S. Kasparov
- Queen's Gambit Declined - Blackburne Variation 5.Bf4 - QO 1.7 - V. Georgiev/Arnaudov
- Slav Defence - Slow Slav 4.e3 - SL 1.6 - Andriasian
- Slav Defence - Chebanenko Variation 5.a4 - SL 3.1 - Gupta
- Slav Defence - Marshall Gambit 4.e4 - SL 6.1 - Harika/Karavade
- Slav Defence - Botvinnik Variation 6.a4 - SL 6.5 - Ikonnikov
- Slav Defence - Moscow Variation 5.Bg5 h6 - SL 6.6 - Karolyi
- Nimzo-Indian Defence - Classical Variation 4...0-0 - NI 20.4 - Lukacs/Hazai
- Nimzo-Indian Defence - Classical Variation 4...0-0 - NI 21.5 - J. Horvath/Juhasz
- Nimzo-Indian Defence - Westphalia Variation 5.Bg5 - NI 27.9 - A. Kuzmin
- Queen's Indian Defence - Nimzowitsch Variation 5.b3 b5 - QI 15.4 - Adorjan/Vegh
Media Mail Eligible
Media Mail® shipping from the US Postal Service is the cost-effective way to ship Books, Software and DVDs. With shipping rates starting at only 4.00, it's the most affordable shipping method available.
|Manufacturer||New in Chess|
|Author(s)||New in Chess|
|Publication Date||Mar 16, 2012|
|Notation Type||FAN - Figurine|
|Popular Series||New in Chess Yearbooks|