Product search results for 'SET'
Our Price: $59.95
The Sicilian Dragon Series - Complete 3 Volume Set
Easy Way to Learn How to Play The Sicilian Dragon - 2 hours 6 minutes
"Gaining The Winning Edge"
GM Timur Gareev (Currently Ranked in the top 100 Players in the World) presents on this DVD the thematical ideas and motives in The Sicilian Dragon.
GM Gareev covers the key ideas and tactical routes for Black to gain a counter-attacking edge. Also Modern Examples-Mastering the sharpest theoretical variations and understanding White's attacking motives. Material is made easy to understand and learn by avoiding long complicated lines.
This Dvd Dragon Series covers lines for both White and Black. The DVD starts with introduction and continues on to the first step of classic examples by Simagin. Phase two covers understanding white's attacking motives: Karpov-Kortchnoi. And phase three covers engaging in theoretical battles: Modern Elite Chess examples.
This DVD serves to introduce the player to the thematical ideas and motives in Dragon variation. GM Timur discusses the key ideas and tactical routes for black to gain the counter-attacking edge.
- Simagin Classic Games: fundamentals & key ideas
- Karpov-Kortchnoi: White's flawless execution of the plan-Gaining awareness of opponent's potential
- Elite Chess: Modern Examples-Mastering the sharpest theoretical variations
Beating TheYugo-Slav Attack 9.0-0-0 with 9....d5 PART 1 2 hours 36 minutes
Presented by: GM Timur Gareev & GM Ronen Har-Zv
White plays 9.0-0-0 leaving the Bishop on f1 this is a serious alternative in the Yugoslav attack instead of 9. Bc4. White goes immediately for a kingside attack while Black counters with 9 Learn MoreOur Price: $79.95
THE SNIPER! A Dynamic Universal System for the Aggressive Black Player - 11 hours on 4 dvds
The SNIPER! is a dynamic and universal opening system that fills in the gaps for the Black player who plays the Accelerated Dragon,the Dzindzi Indian, or other Black Fianchetto defences. Black's system of development with 1 Learn MoreOur Price: $99.00
NM Dana Mackenzie started playing tournament chess during the "Fischer boom" of 1971-1972 and never quit. Champion of North Carolina in 1985, 1987, and became master in 1988. He has a 1-0 career record against world chess champions.Learn MoreOur Price: $99.95
This product features seven volumes of Modern Chess Opening series, covering almost all chess openings. The series provide detailed classification and contain a lot of training material.
Regular Price: $39.95
Our Price: $36.95The Semi-Slav defense (1.d4 d5 followed by ...e7-e6 and ...c7-c6) is one of the most popular opening set-ups for Black. Black can follow two entirely different concepts. One includes an early ...Ng8-f6 and leads to a number of popular and deeply analysed systems: the Meran, the Anti-Meran, the Botvinnik, the Moscow, the Anti- Moscow, the Westphalian, etc. The other, in which Black refrains from ...Ng8-f6 at an early stage, is presented by GM Michal Krasenkow on this DVD. Black keeps a choice between two double-edged interesting systems: the Noteboom variation (1.d4 d5 2.c4 e6 3.Nc3 c6 4.Nf3 dxc4) and the Stonewall (...f7-f5) if White plays an early e2-e3. Of course Black’s decision to refrain from an early ...Ng8-f6 gives White other options, the most important being the Slav gambit (1.d4 d5 2.c4 e6 3.Nc3 c6 4.e4 etc.). Therefore Black’s set-up may lead to a whole range of different and interesting positions, which help the black player to broaden his strategic and tactical understanding. This makes the Noteboom/Stonewall opening repertoire a particularly good choice for young, aspiring players. Learn MoreOur Price: $34.95If you are ready to play the Ruy Lopez with Black, you also need to be prepared if White avoids the Ruy. In this book Victor Bologan covers all relevant lines with a well laid-out, clearly explained and eminently playable set of responses. But Bologan's Black Weapons in the Open Games is not just another chess opening repertoire book. Bologan presents TWO different options against every main line: a common sense approach and an aggressive weapon. It’s actually two books in one Learn MoreOur Price: $31.95The Vienna set-up aims for very aggressive play, which often includes sacrifices. But White prefers to be on the safe side, without burning all the bridges and to try to justify his actions from the point of view of positional play as well. At first, he deploys his minor pieces to active positions, then he advances the thematic move f4, castles (usually on the kingside) and begins an attack only after all this. Despite the fact that the move 2.Nc3 has been played for more than a hundred years, there has not been defined a clear-cut scheme for playing this set-up. Learn More
Regular Price: $39.95
Our Price: $36.95In the classical system of the King’s Indian White develops naturally and refrains from chasing ghosts looking for a refutation of Black’s set-up. White instead relies on the fact that natural play should yield him a small but lasting advantage. Many great players of the past and the present have used and use this system successfully. The videos explaining the Mar del Plata Attack (which form the main part of this DVD) offer strategic guidance and show typical tactical ideas, while presenting a detailed, solid and aggressive repertoire. Learn More
Regular Price: $39.95
Our Price: $36.95The Queen’s Indian Defense is one of the most solid and rich openings against 1.d4. Together with the Nimzo-Indian and the Catalan it forms the so called “Classical Setup”, which any player should know. The Queen’s Indian is a favorite of both top players and amateurs. Victor Bologan has enjoyed the advantages of the Queen’s Indian defense for many years in open and in top tournament. He says: “The soul of the opening, the most important piece, is course the bishop on b7. Please remember this and keep it active.” Every chess enthusiast, from beginner to high level player, can profit from this DVD. Enrich your chess vocabulary, be open to new ideas: Play the Queen’s Indian! Learn More
Regular Price: $39.95
Our Price: $36.95If you like an exciting battle you should play 5.Bg5 against the Semi-Slav. This natural developing move is the most principled and sharpest option against Black’s sound setup. With interactive exercises this DVD shows you typical tactical patterns in this line, and with these examples from classical and recent games by leading experts of this opening you learn how to play 5.Bg5 with success. Learn More
12 Item(s)per page
- P.C. from LA writes, "I knew I had to buy your set of chessmen. They are fantastic. The case is gorgeous. And even the chess board is beautiful, despite it being one of your least expensive chess boards."
- R.H. from NY writes, "The chess set came yesterday and it is so beautiful!!!!! It was a dreary dismal day here, cold and rainy and receiving the set made it feel like the sun had come out."
- D.B. from WA writes, "The Marshall chess set arrived last weekend. Opening the package was better than Christmas. To cut a long story short, this set is the finest I've ever seen or even held in my hands."
- S.L. from CA writes, "The 4"Collector chess set that arrived at our home in Davis, CA is incomparable! My son & I joyfully unwrapped the boxwood & ebony pieces & admired their graceful beauty, pawn by pawn, piece by piece."
- M.N. from TX writes, "The chess sets arrived today. WOW, I had heard that the House of Staunton chess sets were the best around and now I can see why! Both sets are absolutely beautiful. I know I'm going to enjoy the Zagreb set."
- B.R. from IL writes, "I just received the new chess board and it's just beautiful! The new chessmen look great sitting on it, and I'm sure it will give me hours of pleasure playing the greatest game of all !"
- D.L. from SC writes, "The chess pieces arrived and are absolutely beautiful. I may not play like a grandmaster, but I will feel like one. Thank you for your help and prompt attention."
- E.V. from CA writes, "I've just received my chess men : they are absolutely astonishing! I knew from the pictures that they were beautiful but they are much more than this: they're real masterpieces!"
- R.G. from Alaska writes, "I have just received my order of Professional Series chess pieces. I must say that they are gorgeous! I felt I was treated as if one of the family in the way the order was taken and delivered. I'm a very happy customer!"
- D.O. from NJ writes, "The chess set and chess board are incredible. The pictures looked great, but they don't do this set justice. I can't believe there is a finer classic Staunton chess set out there."
- B.O. from CO writes, "I am writing to you to express my deep satisfaction with the House of Staunton chess set I received from my wife as a 40th birthday gift. It is truly beautiful. Thanks"
- G.M. from MS writes, "I received the Rosewood Players chess set today and all I can say is... outstanding! It is a magnificent set. I couldn't ask for a better chess set, it puts my set from the USCF I got in the 80's to shame."
- P.M. from OK writes, "The chess set I ordered from you came in mint condition, expertly wrapped and it is a work of art. It is rare to find items crafted so well and I will certainly recommend The House of Staunton to others."
- B.W. from CA writes, "I just received the chess set (Players Series) and I could not be more pleased! The quality and workmanship for a set in this price range is amazing. I am looking forward to my next purchase."
- R.R. from CA writes, "The chess set arrived today. Was struck by overall superior quality and weight. The Rosewood is quite beautiful. More than I expected. Thanks for accommodating extra queens."
- R.B. from OR writes, "I received my Players Series set today and just wanted to let you know how pleased I am with these pieces. They are beautiful. Thank you for a fine product. Worth every penny."
- P.G. from OR writes, "The set arrived today, and words fail to describe how gorgeous it looks. You've done something that I've always wanted to do: take an object I care about, and raise the world standard for functionality and aesthetics. Well done."
- L.L. from NV writes, "I cannot begin to tell you how pleased I am with the chess set which arrived today. It's so exquisite, I can't stop looking at it. Though the pictures on your website are beautiful, they don't do justice to actually seeing them in person."
- L.L. from AZ writes, "This chess set exceeded all my expectations. I've been looking for a red-lacquered chess set for quite sometime, and this is the most beautiful I've ever seen. Thank you, also, for meticulously wrapping each piece."
- R.A. from AZ writes, "I can honestly say that all things considered your chess sets are better than Jaques, because you provide the same if not better quality, but at a price that is much easier to bear."
- F.B. from UT writes, "Thanks so much! My brother is going to love his first real chess set. You are the best. But you know that already. Keep me in the loop on how you plan to overtake all the crap plastic sets out there."
- R.F. from WY writes, "Just a note to thank you for the beautiful chess set I received, and the great(!) service that your business delivers. You were very patient and accommodating during my selection process. Now if I could only learn how to win a game..."
- B.F. from Idaho writes,"My plastic Collectors chess set arrived today, and I must tell you, Yes, to me it IS well worth what I paid for it. It is massive, heavy, elegant and high-class. A true work of art."
- A.S. from ND writes, "I just received my Plastic Collector's set and it's every bit as impressive as I had expected it to be. Not only is it the finest plastic chess set I've ever seen, but the biggest bargain, as well. That's a rare combination."
- H.O. from ND writes, "Received my beautiful ebonized Winsor chess set today. It is awesome. A work of art I will treasure & play with. I can't wait to save up enough for my House of Staunton chess board."
- J.E. from SD writes, "I recieved my chess set yesterday, I could not be happier. The quality is above what I expected. I would like to own a Jaques set someday but until then I will be perfectly happy with my Reykjavik II Chess Set."
- M.M. from KS writes, "I received the chess set today! I can only say that the photos on your web site do no justice to the Collector Series chess pieces. I hand waxed them as you instructed, and they are truly exceptional."
- B.B. from OK writes, "Thanks again, the chessmen and the chess board both got much praise when I took them to work today. Everyone was as impressed as I was, with the beauty and quality of both my chess board and the wonderful chessmen."
- A.F. from TX writes, "I think you've hit a home run. HOS' chess boxes are beautiful. Absolutely the best I have ever seen in this price range. Will definitely be ordering some more."