CLEARANCE - Pandolfini's Ultimate Guide to Chess
Basic to Advanced Strategies with America's Foremost Chess InstructorProduct Code: B0014SS
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Author: Bruce Pandolfini
Year of Publication: 2003
Notation Type: Algebraic (AN)
Book DescriptionFrom America's foremost chess teacher and author comes a new standard: a comprehensive course covering all aspects of the game, to improve your technique whether you are a newcomer or a longtime fan.
One of America's best-known chess masters, Bruce Pandolfini has helped millions learn the intricacies of chess through his acclaimed books and workshops. In this exciting volume, he presents a complete overview of the entire game and its culture. Structured as a dialogue between a beginning student and an expert teacher, Pandolfini's Ultimate Guide to Chess takes the student step-by-step from fundamentals to advanced, highly strategic play. Combining easy-to-follow diagrams with trenchant and up-to-date analysis, Pandolfini puts a new twist on accepted chess theory, offering a seamless beginning-to-end approach, including:
* short introductory history of the game
* the moves, rules, and contemporary notation forms
* the basic principles of chess
* how to develop an opening repertoire* the art of tactical play
* pattern recognition and memory aids
* traps and pitfalls to be avoided
* middlegame play, strategy, and planning
* defense and counterattack
* transitions to the endgame and the endgame itself
* computers and the future of chess
* the best websites for playing chess online
Returns & Exchanges
This is a Specialty Item and All Sales are Final. No refunds, returns or exchanges are allowed.
Media Mail Eligible
Media Mail® shipping from the US Postal Service is the cost-effective way to ship Books, Software and DVDs. With shipping rates starting at only 4.00, it's the most affordable shipping method available.