Studying Chess Made EasyProduct Code: B0110BT
Author: Andrew Soltis
Year of Publication: 2010
Notation Type: Figurine (FAN)
Book DescriptionIt's a fact of chess life that if you want to win, you have to put a bit of study in. Every chess player, from near-beginner to experienced tournament player, needs to learn the openings and keep on top of current theory.
But studying doesn't have to be dull. This indispensable book contains foolproof ways to help the information go in... and stay in. Acclaimed chess author Andrew Soltis reveals the key techniques:
- Why you can't study chess the same way you study school subjects
- How to acquire the most important knowledge: intuition
- The role of memorizing (it's not a bad thing, despite what people say)
- How to get the most out of playing over a master's game
- Adopting a chess hero as a means of learning
- How great players study
- Computers as a study tool
- How to train someone else
Media Mail Eligible
Media Mail® shipping from the US Postal Service is the cost-effective way to ship Books, Software and DVDs. With shipping rates starting at only 4.00, it's the most affordable shipping method available.